WAEC 2020 TIMETABLE Guidelines
ADDRESSED BY MR. PATRICK E. AREGHAN, FCGP HEAD OF THE NIGERIA NATIONAL OFFICE OF THE WEST AFRICAN EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL(WAEC), AT A PRESS BRIEFING ON THE CONDUCT OF THE WASSCE FOR SCHOOL CANDIDATES, 2020 HELD ON TUESDAY, JULY 7, 2020 AT THE WAEC NATIONAL OFFICE, YABA, LAGOS.
WAEC 2020 Examination Timetable Out
Final International Timetable for the Conduct of WASSCE for School Candidates, 2020 is out. Find the WAEC TIMETABLE below:
WAEC 2020 | WAEC Nigeria | WAEC Timetable | WAEC registration 2020 | WAEC 2020 TIMETABLE Guidelines
In a press briefing released on the 7th of July, 2020 by the council reads as follows;
Gentlemen of the media, on behalf of the Registrar to Council, the Management and Staff of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), Nigeria, I am delighted to welcome you to this press briefing, my first with you since assuming office as the Head of the Nigeria National Office of WAEC. We have invited you here today to acquaint you with our preparations and readiness for the conduct of the much -awaited WASSCE for School Candidates, 2020.
JUPEB 2020 Examination Timetable Postponed Till Further Notice | JUPEB 2020/2021 Registration Is Ongoing
As you are aware, the examination was earlier scheduled to take place between the 6th of April and 5th of June, 2020, but had to be postponed due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The examination will now hold between 3rd August and 5th September, 2020, covering a space of five (5) weeks.
There is a novel development in this arrangement in the sense that the examination would be held from Monday through Saturday, in order to be able to achieve the five-week span. A total of One Million Five Hundred and Forty Nine Thousand Four Hundred and Sixty Three (1,549, 463) candidates have registered for the diet from 19,129 schools out of which 786,421 are males and 763,042 are females.
The choice of the period (August 3rd to September 5th, 2020) for the conduct of the examination was not arbitrarily set. WAEC consulted extensively with the governments of all the five member countries before arriving at the period and duration of the examination.
In deference to the Federal Government of Nigeria, the five-week arrangement was arrived at in order to make room for the other Examining Bodies to equally conduct their examinations in good time. The shortening of the period is also of advantage in terms of reducing the period of mass social interaction with its attendant consequences.
IJMB 2020 Resumption Date
During the waiting period, we continued to fine tune and perfect all arrangements for the smooth and successful conduct of the examination and I am happy to inform you that we are set to conduct the examination in Nigeria.
In conducting the examination, we have taken due cognizance of the various measures/protocols rolled out by the Federal and State governments of Nigeria, aimed at checking the spread of the pandemic. We have encapsulated all these measures in a pamphlet which will be circulated to all stakeholders for their necessary guidance. Below are the guidelines:
- For the sake of emphasis, schools must provide wash-hand buckets with running water, soaps, hand sanitizers and thermometer hand-gun to check the temperature of all concerned.
- All examination functionaries, including the Council’s staff on distribution; Supervisors; Invigilators, Inspectors; candidates and school officials will be required to wear face masks, wash and sanitize their hands daily and throughout the duration of the examination.
- Let me assure you and the general public that we shall adhere strictly to social/physical distancing in the examination halls by making sure that candidates sit two (2) metres apart.
- This means that many more classrooms will be used and many more supervisors and invigilators will be required to conduct the examination. This has certainly raised the supervision fee to be paid to supervisors as well as the provision of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to staff, Supervisors and other examination officials. No doubt, all these measures have financial implications which were not contemplated at the time of drawing up the budget for the conduct of the examination.
IJMB 2020/2021 Registration Commences
The big question looming now is how can this extra fund be raised?
On this note, therefore, we are appealing to the governments at various levels to come to our aid. We equally call on Multi-National companies, corporate organizations and philanthropic individuals to donate these PPE to us.
- It is essential that all examination functionaries are well kitted to avoid the spread of the disease. May I also use this medium to escalate our challenge to the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on Covid-19 and to humbly request for any possible assistance.
- WAEC has Zonal and Branch Offices all over the Federation. The various state governments can donate the required PPE to the WAEC offices in their states.
Gentlemen of the media, these are no normal times. This examination is going to be conducted under a very unfriendly atmosphere and conditions. I will like to use this opportunity to advise all schools and candidates to make the best use of the situation in order to turn adversity into success.
- I must not fail to warn all schools and candidates to shun any form of examination malpractice. Lack of preparedness is not an excuse to cheat. For the benefit of doubt, standards already set remain sacrosanct.
- Do not delude yourself by thinking that they will be lowered due to the prevailing circumstances. Therefore, as usual, you get what you deserve. It will be a double tragedy for any candidate to write the examination under very difficult circumstances and not to have any result.
- Schools and candidates must resist the temptation of patronizing dubious websites that claim or would claim to have examination questions at their disposal.
We cannot claim not to know that they are right now strategizing on their evil machinations. They are fake and conscienceless destiny destroyers. Self-reliance is the sure key to success.
The Final International Timetable has been sent to all the WAEC Zonal and Branch Offices for onward dispatch to schools and Federal and State Ministries of Education.
Finally, Gentlemen of the media, I want to thank you once again for honouring our invitation to this Press Briefing.
God bless you.
We want to use this medium to inform you that IJMB 2020/2021 Registration is ongoing. Kindly seize this opportunity to enroll before the closing date.
How Can I Register For IJMB 2020/2021?
You can register for IJMB 2020/2021 by going through the following instructions:
- First of all, you should know that the best option for you is to register online and to do so you either run the whole registration process on your phone, tablet, PC or you visit any nearest cyber café with good internet connection.
- Ensure you have access to making online transaction with your bank and also your ATM card is enabled for making payments online (incase it’s not, don’t panic! There are alternative means).
- The next step is to visit this link in red to start your registration properly. Note this step so that you can always come back to it after running down all the steps.
- When you’re on the registration page, the first thing to do is to make payment. There to ways or categories of making payments online. The first is visiting the link provided on the registration page to make payment using PAYSTACK channel using your ATM card which is 100% secure and the other method is paying into the official IJMB A’Level account.
- If you’re paying via PAYSTACK, you’ll be requested to fill your details like first name, last name, email address and phone number. The amount to be charged is fixed and it’s already filled which is N8,750. And you click on PAY NOW.
- On the next page, PAYSTACK provides you with 4 methods of payments which are Pay with Card, Pay with Bank, Pay with USSD and Pay with Visa QR.
- If you’re paying with card you will be required to Enter your card details to pay. The card details to be entered include CARD NUMBER, CARD EXPIRY DATE, and CVV (the 3 digit numbers at the back of your card). Then you click on Pay NGN 8,750 and wait for the next step to enter OTP code to complete the transaction.
- If you’re using Pay with bank, kindly Choose your bank to start the payment. Kindly note that this method of payment is only available to First Bank of Nigeria, Guaranty Trust Bank, United Bank For Africa and Zenith Bank. If your bank is among the list kindly select and follow the instructions promptly.
- If you are using Pay with USSD which is a new option it is available to Guaranty Trust Bank, United Bank for Africa, Sterling Bank and Zenith Bank. Select your bank and dial (on the SIM card Registered with your bank account) the USSD that was loaded after selecting your bank. Follow the instructions promptly.
- And if you are using the Pay with Visa QR, Scan the QR code displayed in your Ecobank, FirstBank, Fidelity, Access, Diamond or Zenith Bank mobile app to complete the payment. Follow the instructions promptly.
- If your transaction is successful using any of the 4 methods illustrated above, you’ll be redirected back to the registration page depending on the internet connection and the browser you are using. You should call us to confirm your payment. Better still go back to the registration page once you are sure that your payment was successful and scroll down until you can find the space where you are to fill your biodata for the IJMB registration.
- If you don’t want to use the above method, you can pay directly into our official A’Level Account. ACCOUNT NAME: ALEVELS LINKS PRIME, ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0543864243, BANK NAME: GUARANTY TRUST BANK. Payments can be done through bank deposit, internet banking, mobile transfer or any other banking method convenient for you.
- After successful payment, kindly send us a proof of payment via the email [email protected] so that your payment can be confirmed. Once your payment has been confirmed you can scroll down on the registration page until you see where to enter your biodata.
- Fill all the necessary details in BLOCK LETTERS and ensure they are correct details.
- Some important informations are also provided on the registration page and you should also read them thoroughly.
- After you have successfully fill and submit your application you kindly kindly get in touch with us via email, phone call, SMS or WhatsApp message to fasten the registration process so you can get your registration slip and admission letter on time.
We hope with the above detailed instructions we have answered the question “How Can I Register For IJMB 2020/2021?”. If you have any difficulty you can reach us via email: [email protected] | 08070580288 | 08161139720.
WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria, WAEC Nigeria